Aloha Fellow COVID Quaranteeners,
Well it’s official. I just checked, Studio K’ULU (Live Streaming) is on vacation until January 4.
See the last 2 bullet items below (from the Marin County HHS COVID Site) for details:
A Stay Home Order is in place for Marin County until January 4.
To slow the spread of COVID-19 and prevent healthcare systems from being overwhelmed, Marin County, along with five other Bay Area counties, has implemented the State’s Regional Stay Home Order. By taking this action we are saving lives, protecting our health care delivery system, and keeping those at highest risk and essential workers safe. The order is effective Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 12 p.m. through Monday, January 4, 2021.
Under the Stay Home order, all gatherings with members of other households are prohibited, except as expressly permitted in the CDPH Regional Stay Home Order. The Stay Home Order supersedes Marin County’s Risk Reduction order (through January 4), which means gatherings previously allowed under the three-household and social bubble guidance are prohibited while the Stay Home order is active.
An summary of business changes required by the order includes:
- Restaurants and other foodservice may operate for take-out, curbside pickup or delivery only
- Bars, brewpubs, breweries, pubs, craft distilleries, wineries and tasting rooms must close
- Indoor retail may operate at 20% capacity
- Indoor grocery and food stores may operate at 35% capacity
- Indoor shopping malls may operate at 20% capacity, but close food courts and common areas
- Personal care services, including nail and hair salons, must close
- Places of worship and cultural ceremonies may operate outdoors only.
- Gyms and fitness centers may operate outdoors only. Outdoor fitness classes are allowed with distancing and face coverings and without running groups. One-to-one personal training is allowed following the limited services guidance only when no other individuals are on the business premises.
- Museums and exhibit spaces must close.
- Hotels and lodging facilities may operate for essential travel only unless the reservation is for at least the minimum time period required for quarantine and the persons identified in the reservation will quarantine in the hotel or lodging entity until after that time period has expired
- Cardrooms must close
- Family entertainment centers must close
- Playgrounds must close
- Overnight stays at campgrounds are not allowed
- Outdoor recreation facilities (sports fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, golf courses, skate parks, etc.) may operate with no mixing of households and no food or beverages
- Live performances are not allowed
And so there you have it. Unless we proclaim ourselves a cultural or religious group (like the Church of the Repossessed) and move all our gear outside . . .
Before we go, check out the last Vanikapila of the year.
Btw, if anyone is need of Holiday PPE Masks. Nohea still has a few Christmas and Hanukkah Masks available. Text her 415-572-1175.
If you get bored and need to get out, drop by some evening to view our Christmas Decorations. Maybe even bring your cup of hot chocolate, sit and talk awhile?
softly a heart beats,
seeds of change drifts on the winds,
the healing begins.
So until January 4th, please stay safe and healthy everyone.
I’ll try and post regularly. Keep in touch!
Me ke aloha pumehana,